Morocco Discovery 12 Days
Start/End : Casablanca to Casablanca (round trip)
Duration : 12 Days / 11 Nights
Highlights : Casablanca - Rabat - Tangier - Chefchaouen - Volubilis - Meknes - Fez - Merzouga - Sahara Desert - Todra Gorge - Dades - Skoura - Ouarzazate - Aït Benhaddou - Marrakech - Essaouira- El Jadida - Casablanca
Price : Please Send Enquiry
- Visiting the largest mosque of Africa, Hassan II Mosque on Atlantic Ocean.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, Modern Capital and Historic City of Rabat City.
- Visiting Cap Spartel, Cave of Hercules, Old Medina inTangier City (North of Morocco).
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old Medine of Tetouan.
- Visiting World Famous Blue City, Chefchaouen and its highlights.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, Old Medine, Places, Tanneries of Fez City.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, Archaeological Site of Volubilis Ruins.
- Overnight stay at Luxury Desert Camp in Sahara Desert & Camel Trek.
- Visiting the Biggest Gorge of Morocco, Todra and beautiful Skoura Palm Oasis.
- Visiting Hollywod of Africa, Ouarzazate & UNESCO listed Ksar Ait Benhaddou.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city of Wind 'Essaouira' and Old Medina.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritage Site, Djemaa el-Fna & souks at Old Medine of Marrakech.
- Visiting UNESCO World Heritahe Site, Portuguese City of Mazagan, El Jadida.
- Fairwell Dinner at famous Rick's Cafe at Movie Casablanca.
Upon arrival in Casablanca, Morocco’s largest metropolis and its commercial hub, your private driver will greet you at the airport. Depending on your arrival time, you will visit the stunning Hassan II Mosque, the huge building is part on land and part on ocean and can accommodate 25,000 worshipers; its minaret stands as the tallest religious structure in the world. Then, head to the Moorish city of Rabat, capital of Morocco for overnight stay. (Total: 1.5 hour driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Rabat
- Arrival Airport Transfer
- Guided Tour of Hassan II Mosque
This morning, you will visit Royal Palace - official residence of King, the Mohammed V Mausoleum, dedicated to the founder of modern Morocco. Explore the Mauresque-style Hassan Tower and Oudaya Kasbah, along with its scenic Andalusian garden. After Rabat exploration, you will head towards Tangier to visit the Cave of Hercules, the Cape Spartel and Phoenician Tombs. Also you will have nice opportunity to take pictures of Europe from continent Africa. End of the day, you will wander around Old Medina of Tangier. (Total: 3 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Tangier
- Rabat - Royal Palace - Mohammed V Mausoleum - Hassan Tower - Oudaya Kasbah
- Tangier - Cave of Hercules - Cape Spartel - Phoenician Tombs
Today you will visit UNESCO-listed old medina of Tetouan and having orientation walk around. Afternoon you will discover the vividly blue-colored small town of Chefchaouen which nestles in the hollow of the two mountains; Ech-Chaoua (The Horns) from which it takes its name. Steep narrow streets with white and indigo limewashed buildings, small squares, ornate fountains and houses with elaborately decorated doorways and red tile roofs make this a delightful town.
(Total: 2.5 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Chefchaouen
- Tetouan - Old Medina
- Guided Tour of Chefchaouen
Journey overland to explore Volubilis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is home to some of the best-preserved & impressive Roman ruins in North Africa. Your guide will escort you on a walk around 2000 year old ruins; the Capitoline Temple, Basilica, Roman Baths, Triumphal Arch, Houses & Palaces which adorned with beautiful mosaics. Upon completing this glimpse into antiquity, proceed to Imperial City-Meknes to explore the most beautiful gate of Bab Mansour, Royal Stables, Agdal Reservoir and Old Medina. Head to Fez for overnight stay. (Total: 4.5 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Fez
- Guided Tour of Volubilis
- Meknes - Bab-Mansour Gate - Royal Stables - Old Medina
Begin the day by exploring Fez el-Bali (Old Fez), the cultural heart of Morocco. Founded in the 8th century by Moulay Idriss I, this imperial capital was a renowned center of medieval learning with its Al-Attarine Madrasa, Bou Inania Madrasa and Al-Karaouine University. Stroll the lanes and souks of the labyrinthine old quarter, and visit the Blue Gate, the Nejjarine Square, the Tanneries. Also, see the Royal Palace and Jewish Mellah in Fez el-Jadid (New Fez).
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Fez
- Guided Tour of Fez
Leave Fez behind and travel into the desert dunes of Sahara, passing through berber villages, endless date palm plantations and the spectacular snow-capped Atlas Mountains en route. Late afternoon you will settle into the luxury desert camp in Merzouga. The stunning reddish-hued sand dunes can reach up to 500 ft high, creating an otherworldly landscape. Enjoy your camel ride around 45 minutes during sunset. Then, return to your camp for a traditional dinner before a campfire. Slumber tonight in comfort, as the sounds of the desert lull you to sleep. (Total: 7 hours driving)
- Overnight at Desert Camp in Merzouga
- Camel Ride at Sunset in Sahara Desert
After breakfast, drive to Todra Gorge known as the 'Grand Canyon of the Sahara', a massive trench that rises over 300 metres to form one of the most dramatic and breathtaking natural sights in Morocco. The limestone stacks make a perfect area for hiking, and so today you will take a short walk through the sheer cliffs. En route, you will see the dry, rugged Dades Valley that is dotted with oases of figs, olives, date palms and castellated mud houses hugging the slopes. Continue to Skoura, is a fertile oasis lined with immense palm groves that provide great views of the Atlas Mountains. Explore the famous Kasbah Amridil, it is featured on the Moroccan banknotes. Overnight in Skoura (Total: 4.5 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Skoura
- Todra Gorge - Short hiking in valley
- Guided Tour of Kasbah Amridil
Today head towards the road of a thousand Kasbahs to Ouarzazate, it is known as Hollywood of Africa, such as Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, Star Wars having been filmed here. Then visit the fascinating UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ksar of Aït Benhaddou, one of the finest examples of South Moroccan architecture, boasting one of Morocco’s well-preserved kasbahs. Your journey continues via the spectacular Tizi n'Tichka pass and observing everyday life in remote rural towns to the ochre-coloured city of Marrakesh. (Total: 4.5 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Marrakech
- Ksar of Aït Benhaddou
- Atlas Film Studios
Today, begin to unearth the secrets of Marrakech, starting in the medina, the old walled section of city that is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at its architectural jewels, including the soaring Koutoubia minaret. Then, visit beautiful Bahia Palace, home to the grand vizier of Sultan in the early 19th century. Afterward, enjoy Jardin Majorelle, a picturesque garden created by French painter Jacques Majorelle and later restored by design legend Yves Saint Laurent. Explore the Djemaa el-Fna, Marrakech’s main square, which is filled with food stalls and vendors, along with fire-eaters, magicians, snake charmers and street musicians performing at every turn. You may also wish to wander the city’s fabled, labyrinthine souks.
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Marrakech
- Guided Tour of Marrakech
- Cooking Class
- Hammam & Spa
Venture to the west coast of Morocco to reach the laid-back fishing town of Essaouira, is an alluring, unspoilt destination with a tangible North African feel. After checking into your hotel, why not spend the afternoon navigating the narrow alleyways, exploring the UNESCO-listed medina, the walled Jewish Quarter and Skala fortress or maybe just relaxing on the beach? In the evening, you could try the mouth-watering seafood at port. (Total: 2.5 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Essaouira
- Argan Trees & Goats
- Essaouira - Old Medina - Skala Fortress
After breakfast head toward Casablanca along the coastline of the Atlantic Ocean to the gorgeous medina of El Jadida. The Portuguese built a port here, called Mazagan in the list of UNESCO World Heritage, to protect their ships following the African coast. Visit the citadel and see the underground cistern before you reach Casablanca. You may have your fairwell dinner at famous Rick's Cafe. (Total: 4 hours driving)
- Overnight at a Boutique Riad or Hotel in Casablanca
- El Jadida - Citadel & Underground Cistern
- Dinner at Famous Rick's Cafe
Transfer to Casablanca Mohammed V Airport (45 min driving to airport)
- Departure Airport Transfer
11 breakfast, 2 dinner
Mercedes Benz VITO or Toyota Land Cruiser PRADO
included diesel & tolls & parkings with English speaking professional driver
11 nights (in hotel, riad, kasbah, desert camp)
Guided Tour of Hassan II Mosque
Guided Tour of Chefchaouen
Guided Tour of Volubilis
Guided Tour of Fez
Camel Ride at Sunset in Sahara Desert
Guided Tour of Kasbah Amridil
Guided Tour of Marrakech
Tip to driver, local guides, hotel and restaurant staff
Not listed meals on itinerary and all drinks
Dear Guest, tour price will vary depend on these criterias;
The number of travellers in the group
The number of days in package
The standard of hotel required (please let us know your prefered accommodation expectations)
Children’s ages if applicable
High / Low season
The activities required
Starting and ending points
Airport Transfers required
For exact pricing Please Send Enquiry
Dear Guest,We prefer to recommend boutique style hotels / riads / kasbahs for your ultimate comfort during your Morocco adventure. We choose elegantly restored riads, authentic kasbah hotels, luxury desert camps, eco-friendly hotels based on the following criteria: Authenticity, cleanliness, professional-hospitable staff, quality/price ratio and value for money.
Please let us know your accommodation expectations, depending on your travel style and budget we will offer the best options.
Dear Guest,We created this itinerary as sample – all our Morocco Private Tours can be upgraded and customised to fit your need and requirements – please click Send Enquiry and write your expectations and requests to Moroccan Odyssey's travel specialist for getting your updated travel program.